Tackling Frequent Headaches With 8 Expedient Methods
How to Handle Headaches
Headaches are very common nowadays and almost every person deal with them in a stressful world. According to experts headache is a sign that your body gives you that you need a rest. Ranging from mild to severe headaches can be very painful sometimes. If your headaches are unbearable to you then they can affect your day-to-day activities. The most common headache is known by the name tension headache which you get often from the problems and worries you are facing in your life. If you have a migraine then it can be intense. Medication can help you to relieve but not the best way!
My brother Hansal was having a headache for a few days. But he was not concerned. He was taking it lightly. He was very busy so he didn’t have the time to think that his body also needs rest. He was not sleeping properly also due to all the tension. One day his headache became so serious that it was as if he would die due to it.
We consulted Healing Therapist who guided her to take some rest, lie down in a calm environment. The coach also told her that he should get proper sleep. She told her that our body gives us a sign if there is anything wrong within us. Hansel was completely ignoring it. After 2-3 weeks he took some medication and help understand the value of it.
Here are some of the ways to tackle frequent headache if you are having them:
1. Drink Water:
The cause of your frequent headache may be because your body is dehydrated. So keep drinking water at regular intervals to keep your body hydrated. Studies show that dehydration can be the cause of most of the headaches and migraines we go through. It also disturbs our concentration and even makes symptoms worse.
2. Get a massage: One of the old technique to get rid of a headache is to take a massage. Still, it is considered effective today. Getting a proper massage helps you in reducing tension, stress, calms you feel relaxed and eventually headaches also lessen if you get massage daily.
3. Have a Sound Sleep: Most important factor is to get sleep. Our body needs it most. Sleep affects our health also. On average a person should take a sound sleep of 7-9 hours a day. People who sleep less than this have a higher chance of getting frequent headaches.
4. Taking caffeine: This may be a temporary solution to your headaches. But you must consume it in the right amount so that when you have a headache it can help you to get out of it. Don’t be too much dependant on it that it may affect your health.
5. Staying away from Sun: One of the main reasons maybe getting exposure to heat from the Sun. Due to the temperature rise, many people find the Sun to be the culprit. Wear Sunglasses if you are out, or seek a shade of a tree, try to cover your face, use an umbrella etc. to tackle the overheating sun.
6. Try Acupuncture: A traditional Chinese technique that is done by inserting a needle in specific points of your body. It is a natural method to treat chronic or frequent headaches. It is found to be safe and effective.
7. Use Oil: Essential Oils are used for their aromatic properties. To deal with headaches peppermint or lavender oil is good. Because of its therapeutic benefits of reducing tensions and symptoms of migraines.
8. Limit Alcohol: If you are consuming too much alcohol it may be the reason for frequent headaches or migraines. Because alcohol triggers the points in our mind which causes headaches. Alcohol causes tensions, cluster headaches and the body gets dehydrated which can worsen headaches.
Above were some useful and natural ways to tackle frequent headaches. Doing common and natural things are very safe and effective to reduce symptoms. If you are looking for a holistic approach to lessen them then you should try doing traditional methods like medication.
Are you experiencing frequent headaches? Don’t know how to cure? Here we are! We at The Holistic Living with the help of different experts will try to cure them. If you need any valuable products then you can check out the wellness store.