Are You Sleep Deprived ? Take This Simple Test To Know
Being sleep deprived can have a dangerous impact on your life. Your memory, concentration levels, blood pressure, heart functioning, and the overall quality of your life can go completely downhill when you are sleep-deprived.
What is Sleep Deprivation??
Being sleep-deprived is when you are not able to get an adequate amount of sleep. It is not only concerned with the quantity of your sleep as well as quality. If you find it difficult to fall asleep or sleep peacefully throughout the night it could lead to feeling sleep deprived.
Getting an adequate amount of sleep is as important as breathing pure air or eating a balanced diet. A lack of good sleep not only impacts your health and well-being in the short term, but it can also increase your chances of developing mental health disorders such as Alzheimer’s in the future. Therefore, being sleep deprived is a cause of great concern that should not be ignored.
How To Know You Are Sleep Deprived??
It is human nature to ignore the signs of declining health until it becomes too serious and even life-threatening. If we pay timely attention to our physical and mental health then we can surely save ourselves from the long hospital bills and live a good quality life.
Before you develop a full-blown sleep disorder, your mind and body will send you many signs. Take this simple test to assess whether or not you are suffering from sleep-deprivation.
The Free Sleep Quiz is an effective tool in increasing self-awareness about major signs of sleep-deprivation and helps you gauge the seriousness of your problem so you can seek out adequate professional help to resolve the issue of sleep-deprivation.
- I find it difficult to get out of bed every morning (YES/NO)
- I get easily irritated, tired and stressed during the day (YES/NO)
- I cannot survive the day without a small nap (YES/NO)
- I have difficulty in focusing and concentrating on my work (YES/NO)
- I am slower than usual in completing my day-to-day tasks (YES/NO)
- I zone out more than usual (YES/NO)
- I need to drink many cups of coffee to make it through the day (YES/NO)
- I can’t wait to end the day and go to bed (YES/NO)
- I have dark circles around my eyes (YES/NO)
- I need multiple alarms to wake up in the morning (YES/NO)
How To Assess The Results??
If your answer to more than 3 questions is ‘YES’ then it is a serious indication of sleep deprivation. It could signal towards poor sleep hygiene and substandard well-being.
In order to protect yourself from developing a major sleep disorder, it is necessary to implement changes in your daily life, improve your sleep habits and take adequate actions to level up your sleep patterns.
You can use this Free Tool to assess the signs of being sleep deprived in you or your loved one and seek timely professional help to improve your mental and physical well-being.