Fast facts on Reiki –
Here are some key points about Reiki. More detail is in the main article.
• Reiki is a form of energy therapy.
• Despite skepticism in some circles, it is growing in popularity.
• It involves the transfer of energy by laying on hands.
• Reiki’s advocates say it can treat many conditions and emotional states.
• Small studies show that Reiki can slightly reduce pain, but no studies have shown that it is effective in treating any disease.
• Some hospitals in America and Europe offer Reiki, but insurance rarely covers it.
• The word “Reiki” means “mysterious atmosphere, miraculous sign.” It comes from the Japanese words “rei” (universal) and “ki” (life energy). Reiki is a type of energy healing.
• Energy healing targets the energy fields around the body.
• According to practitioners, energy can stagnate in the body where there has been physical injury or possibly emotional pain. In time, these energy blocks can cause illness.
• Energy medicine aims to help the flow of energy and remove blocks in a similar way to acupuncture or acupressure. Improving the flow of energy around the body, say, practitioners, can enable relaxation, reduce pain, speed healing, and reduce other symptoms of illness
• Dowsing is a pseudoscience, and there is no scientific evidence that it is any more effective than random chance. Dowsers often achieve good results because random chance has a high probability of finding water in favorable terrain.
• Dowsing for health, with a crystal pendulum, is based on the same principle; it is a therapy used to locate the underlying cause of bodily or emotional imbalance that leads to ailments and physical reactions such as allergies or disease.
A healer is a trained professional who practices the art of healing through the use of universal energy forces. They use a treatment in which energy is transferred from the healer to the recipient. It encourages self-healing by relaxing the body, relieving tensions, and boosting the immune system. Healing is non-invasive and natural, with the goal of restoring balance and well-being to the recipient on all levels.
Energy healing can be in different forms and with different names such has reiki healing or pranic healing, in India. It is effective in addressing problems like chronic pain, migraines, phobias, anxiety, hair loss and in some cases even weight issues. Spiritual and energy healing is not associated with any one religion, it is based on the laws of universal energy, and uses techniques that have been passed down through ancient generations. Book an Appointment