Ms. Surabhi Yash Patel – Counselling Psychologist-
• MA in Applied Psychology-Counselling Psychology,2016-2018, University of Mumbai, Department of Applied Psychology and Counselling Centre, (CGPI :8.30).
• Bachelor of Arts – TYBA in Psychology (2015-2016), Ramnivas Ruia College, Mumbai, (CGPA: 6.91).
• Class 12 (2011-2013), Ramnarayan Ruia Junior College, Mumbai, 85.00%.
• Class 10 (2010-2011), Saraswati Vidyalaya High School, Rabodi, Thane, 90.00%.
• Conducted Research on Emotional Intelligence and Psychological help seeking. Based on findings, research was presented at Indian Academy of Applied Psychology (IAAP), Pondicherry. Attended Indian Academy of Applied Psychology Conference at Pondicherry University.
• Received, Scholarships from University of Mumbai for, 2016-2017.
Course Work Experience:
• Career Counselling, ST Anthony’s High School Santacruz, December 2017.
• Workshop Facilitator, Padmashree Babasaheb Vengurlekar Mahavidyalaya, Kudal, Ratnagiri, November 2017.
• Workshop Facilitator, National Association for Blind, October 2017.
• Psychosocial Rehabilitation Intern, Vocational Rehabilitation Centre for Differently Abled, September 2017.
• School Counselling Intern, ST Anthony’s High School Santacruz, August-September 2017.
• Consultant Psychologist at Felicity. (Current)
• Consultant Psychologist at Talk to Angel. (Current)
• Career counselor at IMMRSE. (Part time, June 2019- December 2020)
• Psychologist at Ira Gurukul School. (School for Special kids, February- April 2019)
• Psychology intern, Institute for Psychological Health, Thane. (September-December 2018)
Workshop and Training:
• Course on Counseling clients affected by the COVID19 pandemic. (Morphic Minds)
• Workshop on Imparting Sex Education, IPH Thane, September 2018.
• Workshop on Trauma Focused CBT, IPH Thane September 2018.
• Certificate Course: Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy (Ruia College).
Psychologists are trained professionals who work in the field of mental health. There are various sub-fields of psychology but the most common are clinical and counselling psychologists. Psychologists are trained and equipped to help people learn to cope with various life issues and mental health struggles. They take into consideration the client’s personality, values, family system, environment and life goals while helping them with issues like anxiety, depression, anger, eating disorders, mood swings, phobias, communication and social issues, trauma, learning disabilities and even ADHD.
Clinical psychologists are also licensed to administered evaluative tests like personality inventories, aptitude tests, and other clinical tools that can help assess the client’s mental health status. Often times psychologists have additional training and qualifications such as Clinical Hypnotherapists, Psychotherapists, NLP practitioners, EFT practitioners, life coaches and counsellors. Book an Appointment