- About Me: Shobhika Jaju, is the founder, psychologist (clinical) and psychotherapist at Silver Linings: Guidance & Counselling Center. She completed her Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology from Mumbai University and secured a university merit rank in her subject (Psychology - SM) and the course at the Bachelor’s level in Mumbai University. She is a Certified Career Counselor and a Certified Queer Affirmative Practitioner (QACP by MHI, Mumbai). Shobhika has qualified the NET exam for teaching at graduate / post – graduate level.
- Brief Description: "We provide therapy for the following: • Childhood conditions like Autism, Learning Difficulties, Attention and hyperactivity, Mental Retardation, and others. • Cognitive conditions like Dementia, Memory difficulties, and others. • Substance abuse and withdrawal. • Psychosis & related conditions. • Depression, Mania and other mood conditions. • Anxiety, Obsessions & Compulsions, Phobias, & Stress. • Pain related conditions. • Disturbed eating patterns. • Sleep related problems. • Impulse-control concerns, e.g., anger and gambling. • Suicide Intent and Tendencies. • Relationship issues "
- Credentials: Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology from Mumbai University
- Opening Hours: 8.00 Am To 11.00 Am & 4.00 Pm To 7.00 Pm On Weekdays, & Weekends
- Testimonials: 1. The Self – Hypnosis Workshop was very professionally delivered by Shobhika. It was interactive and she is a compatible person to work with. I would highly recommend this workshop to others interested in learning a new skill for personal development. – By W.D., Psychologist. 2. Thank You for your workshop. It was really helpful, very informative & to the point. – A.F. & A.C., Psychology Students 3. I found the workshop was very useful and will try this techniques on myself and my students to control their anger. – S.M.’s experience about the anger management course. It was simple, straight forward, timing well-kept and fulfilling. – D.J.’s experience of the anger management course. “It was very good it helped me a lot. – G.K.’s experience of the anger management course. 4. This workshop on Self – Hypnosis was definitely beneficial & I look forward to seeing improvements in myself in coming days using whatever I have learnt here today. – Ms. K. Student.
Shobhika Jaju: Psychologist
At Silver Linings, we firmly believe that Mental Health is more than just the absence of mental illness. Physical health and mental health are two sides of the same coin.
Being healthy refers to a state of well being in which every individual realizes their own potential, can cope with the normal stresses of life and can contribute to society constructively. Just like physical illnesses hamper the process of leading a fully optimal life, any form of mental upset can also prohibit us from leading a well-balanced life.
Psychotherapy and/or Counselling is meant for all those who want to enhance the quality of their life and move from their current state of functioning to a well balanced and optimal stage of functioning. Conditions such as anxiety, depression, thoughts of suicide, relationship issues, issues with academics or friends, and others, are just a manifestation of the imbalances in life and can be easily addressed through effective counselling by trained professionals. In Goa, a lot is happening in the field of mental health and as inhabitants of this beautiful state, we are truly blessed at that front. However, most of the work in mental health in Goa is centred in North Goa.
Over the years, Shobha through her exposure in the mind care field has noticed that there is a dearth of quality mental health care in South Goa. People of various age groups; whether they are students, housewives or even businessmen, have to travel for a couple of hours at times, to seek effective psychotherapy. Silver Linings has been started keeping in view the lack of good quality counselling services in South Goa. We aim to bring effective counselling strategies to benefit adults and children alike, not only in Margo but also in all nearby areas. Silver Linings, Goa, offer varied services including psychometric assessment, psychotherapy, play therapy, remedial education, and workshops, etc.,