- About Me: My journey in this field was further enriched when I completed my master's in Clinical Psychology. Over the years, I’ve attended many workshops and training programs to keep abreast and updated with the newest approaches and therapies. After completing the Primary and Advanced Practicum in Rational Emotive- Cognitive Behavioral therapy with the Albert Ellis Institute (AEI), New York in 2016, I got certified as an Associate Fellow in 2018. And now, I am a certified REBT Supervisor with them.
- Brief Description: We provide services for the following categories: Individual Therapy, Child Therapy, Couples Therapy, Family Therapy, Teen Therapy, Group Therapy.
- Credentials: Master's in Clinical Psychology.
- Opening Hours: 9.30 Am To 12.30 Pm & 3.30 Pm To 6.30 Pm On Weekdays & Weekends
- Testimonials: 1. A very engaging and accommodating approach that makes for a pleasant learning experience, without it seeming a strict diagnosis. There are no instructions, only guidelines. This helps in understanding 'why' rather than 'what'. 2. I was very comfortable with the doctor, she made me feel very comfortable. she didn't tell my parents anything without asking me and respected my privacy. she gave me good advice and told me every time I was doing something wrong. she's a great doctor3. have really enjoyed my experience with Dr. Choksi. She is extremely friendly and easy to talk to and despite being a person who is not able to open up that easily, she made it easy to build trust and open up to her. She is very patient and understanding but is also straightforward and honest when needed which I appreciate a lot. I have definitely felt a holistic improvement since I have begun with the doctor and would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a great therapist or even just a person to and work through any issues. And her beautiful office is an added bonus!
When deciding on a therapist, it is especially important to feel a connection with the one you choose. My approach is caring, warm, and collaboratively. I work with families, couples, children, adolescents, and adults who are anxious or depressed about relationships, family or work settings, or major life transitions. Sometimes, changes in sleep and appetite or a feeling that ‘something is not right’ are reason enough for people to make an appointment with me. I create a safe and supportive environment in which you can talk about your situation without fear. Together, we work to help you cope with the struggles that interfere with your goals, relationships, and overall sense of well-being. In addition to my private practice at Doctor Centre in Kemps Corner, I have had the fulfilling experience of being a counselor at a reputed South Mumbai school for many years where I looked into the emotional, social, and academic development of children from ages 3 to 16. A little bit about me on the personal front. Happily married with two wonderful girls, my family holds prime importance in my life and I strive to strike a balance between work and home. Being the ‘cautious’ type, I love being challenged by my husband to try new adventures on our travels. Mindfulness is a practice that has helped me immensely in my progress professionally and personally. I enjoy listening to music and get to hear the ‘trendy’ stuff from my girls. I love singing as well, it’s literally therapy for my soul. Curling up with a book at the end of the day is the best way for me to relax.