- About Me: Dr. (Prof.) Manju Mehta is formerly Professor of Clinical Psychology in the Department of Psychiatry and head of the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Division at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, India. She underwent training at the National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences (NIMHANS), Bangalore, and obtained her Ph.D. from PGIMER Chandigarh, India. She has been trained in Medical Education Technology (UK) and Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT) from the USA. She was in-charge of under-graduate psychiatry teaching at AIIMS from 1984-2010. She has been involved in regular training programs in stress management, within and outside the institute. She has been imparting training to members of the judiciary on a regular basis and has been conducting the psychological assessment of Indian expedition members to Antarctica.
- Brief Description: Served for 39 years in AIIMS, New Delhi Had many duties- patient care, education, and research. Had referrals from all specialties Have 4 published books, 5 manuals, and 260 published scientific papers, 36 chapters in books.
- Credentials: DM & S. P. ( now M.Phil ), NIMHANS, Bangalore, Ph.D. PGIMER, Chandigarh, Masters in Medical Education Technology, ( Dundee, UK) Trained in Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy from Albert Ellis Institute, New York.USA
- Opening Hours: 10.30 Am To 1.30 Pm & 4.00 Pm to 7.00 Pm On Weekdays & Weekends
- Testimonials: 1. Happy to take the session. Appreciate the knowledge provided. Got an idea about my limitations. Recommend Dr. Mehta to everyone who is seeking an intelligent therapist and she will guide you to help yourself. Friendly and caring doctor. 2. She listens carefully and tries to find the best solution for her patients. Most importantly, she made me aware of my shortcomings in the very beginning without wasting time. It helped me a lot to change my thought pattern.
Dr. Manju Mehta has a very rational approach in counseling enabling the clients to develop their minds in a positive & healthy way. She has an excellent capacity to understand or feel what the client is experiencing from his/her perspective. Some of the key attributes practiced at Dr. Manju’s counseling services are Excellent Communication & Problem-Solving Skills, Rapport-Building Skills, Nonjudgmental Acceptance, Empathy & Flexible Adaptive Responses. We treat our clients regardless of their race, ethnicity, religious or political belief, or socioeconomic background. Dr. Manju counseling service always emphasizes Ethical Ways to provide its services –
Psychological assessment- intelligence, cognition, personality, differential diagnosis, psychopathology, therapy counseling, cognitive behavior therapy, marital therapy, All childhood and Adolescents problems like ADHD, Mental sub normality, Autism, Headache, and behavioral problems.