- About Me: I'm Maithili Thanawala Kanabar, a Counselling Psychologist based in Mumbai. I have been working with children, parents, adolescents, and young adults for 8 years now. It has been an incredible journey composed of several therapeutic journeys with all clients.
- Brief Description: We provide services for the following categories: Individual Therapy, Online Counselling, Therapy for children, Family Therapy, Emotional Distress.
- Credentials: Psychologist
- Opening Hours: 10.00 Am To 1.00 Pm & 4.00 Pm To 7.00 Pm On Weekdays & Weekends
- Testimonials: 1. Maithili comes across as a very warm and person who takes a deep interest in understanding the minute details of the case and for us, she has been an angel who gelled very well with my son and helped him open up for us to know many facets which we were unaware. I truly appreciate her work and she has bonded so well with my son and I do see a genuine effort by her to not just work with the child but also guide us as parents on many things. good bless and keep up your good work. 2. I visited Maithili in 2016 and 2017 for various issues. She helped me cope up with them to a great extent! She helped identify such instances where I thought I didn't need help, it helped to get a better and smoother perspective to those circumstances. I loved her way of counseling so much that I referred 5 people I know to her. ALL of them felt much better after consulting her. 3. I have been taking therapy for more than a year now with Maithili & I see a tremendous amount of improvement within me. The journey from being a perfectionist, someone who had given up on life after a closed one's demise & a low self-esteem girl just out of an abusive relationship to an assertive & confident individual who is far more resilient towards things wasn't easy, but it was definitely worth it. I truly believe that I have come a long long way & it would not have been possible without therapy & Maithili's guidance. She is the most empathetic & helpful human being you will ever meet. Also, the way she puts things across the table with small logical explanations makes it way easier for you to grasp information, helps you solve the problem by being realistic about it & eventually bringing in the desired change within you. Thank you for making me who I am today! I am truly grateful to you. Please make sure you do the homework given to you. It will eventually benefit you in a big way.
Maithili Thanawala: Counselling Psychologist
Mental Health is not limited to psychological and emotional health but even physical health. Imagine finding ways to feel empowered to deal with daily stressors, major emotional distress related to work, family, self-growth, and even mental illnesses.
You have taken the first step towards learning how to maintain mental well-being. In therapy, we will implement effective psychotherapy methods to instill self-understanding and try to adopt new thought frameworks, attitudes, and feelings towards life situations.
It is essential to keep in mind that therapy is not a magic pill or a quick fix: therapy is a healing process that necessitates participation and investment from the client and caretaker alike. But in the end, making small changes to self-defeating behavior and coping with feelings of sadness, fear, anxiety, anger, and pain can bring life-altering results.