Personal Image Management – 10 ways to transform into impressive you.
Personal Image Management
We directly or indirectly tell people about ourselves. It is, therefore, necessary to know about ourselves, our image, and what kind of messages do we pass about ourselves to the people around us. If we improve small things on our side, this might also impact our relationships.
What do you think is “Self-image”? If yes, do you think it is important to improve our self-image? Well, self-image consists of our reactions, our attitude, our behaviours, our actions, our confidence, and the way we perceive things from the surrounding. To improve these things, we need to work on them and invest time in ourselves. We also call it Personal Image Management.
So here are some tips for personal image management:
- Small steps count: Small-small things indeed count. For example, waking up early in the morning can develop a positive self-image. It will give you positive vibes if you start your days with motivational podcasts or quotes, and good music, which will boost your confidence. It will help you with your Personal Image Management.
- Focus on those things which are in your control: When things don’t work out the way we want, we lose confidence in ourselves and wind up in wrong thoughts. If you keep focusing on the wrong things, you will never be satisfied. We control our mind so do something which will make you happy.
- Be there for yourself: Engage yourself in the things you love to do. Read good books, live in the present and learn from your past, and use positive language while talking to yourself and others.
- Be there for others: A powerful quote by Jay Shetty, “Your passion is for yourself but the purpose is for others.” Being there for someone in their good or bad times is helpful and courteous. People will always remember you for just being there for them, and this will also make you feel good.
- Surround yourself with positive people: FIND people who would encourage you and support you in who you are and who you want to become. Discard those who give you negative vibes. When others believe in you, there’s a higher chance that you’ll believe in your abilities. This is one of the main aspects of Personal Image Management.
- Be kind to others: If you want people to be kind to you, you’ll have to be kind to them too. Appreciate the good in the people. Tell them that they are doing good and they’ll achieve what they want in their life. If you do this, they will also start seeing the good in you and praise you for who you are.
- Eat healthily and exercise regularly: People usually ignore this. But, if you eat healthy foods like fresh fruits and vegetables, this will increase your vibrations and make you happier. On the other hand, exercising regularly releases endorphins, which are happy hormones and reduces your stress.
- Stop comparing: It is always said that, compare yourself to yourself, yourself, and not others. Because it’s you who matters. If you start doing that you will start doing better than you did yesterday. So, give a thought to this and bring the necessary changes.
- Appreciate yourself: Pat your back when you rise early when you complete your work a day before the deadline when you cook something you thought you couldn’t, and many more things you do on daily basis. If you start appreciating yourself, you’ll be encouraged and motivated and you’ll do better in your life. It will help you in Personal Image Management.
- Take problems as opportunities: Don’t crib about your problems. Every person in this world has various problems, but what makes them different is their ability to solve it. So write down your problems, think of how you’ll solve them!
At some point in life, we all need to sit back and take a look at what we are as a person. Introspection will give you a clearer view of yourself and this might help you take a positive step. There could be many things that need to be worked out. You might not be aware of some of these things. In this case, you can always ask for help. It is alright to ask for help if you are stuck on something and someone will help you.
It is said, “First impressions are the last impressions!” So don’t you think, it should be impactful? People do notice what we wear, how do we talk or walk, and the respect we give to others. So if you think you are presentable and comfortable with who you are, then it’s great. But if you think, you are lacking something, then you can always do a self-introspection and improve yourself! To know more about Personal Image Management you can connect to our coaches and experts on The Holistic Living Platform. You can also attend events on Personal Image Management. We also have a Wellness Store where you can find books regarding Personal Image Management.