Amazing benefits of Organic Foods and Healthier You
Organic food is the product of a farming system that avoids the utilization of man-made fertilizers, pesticides, growth regulators, and livestock feed additives. Organic produce may have residue because of pesticides approved for organic farming or because of airborne pesticides from conventional farms.
The difference between organic and non-organic food has to do with how food is produced. For example, organic food like vegetables, fruit, eggs, milk, and meat is produced without Synthetic i.e. human-made pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers. Natural Fertilizers like manure are used for the improvement of growth for these types of plants. It is said, ‘You are what you eat’. The food we take in can have a major impact on our physical and emotional well-being. We always hear so much about organic foods being the better choice. While they are, undoubtedly, the better choice, we must know why and use this knowledge to make healthier choices.
Here are 10 reasons why we should prefer organic over conventional food:
- Organic food tastes better: Chemicals used while growing food cause the degradation of its taste. Because organic fruits and vegetables are grown without the use of chemicals, they produce more flavonoids and therefore, taste better.
- Organic food is always richer in nutrients: –The most important difference between synthetic and organic food is that biological food is richer in nutrients because of the very high levels of antioxidants found in it. These antioxidants have a very large list of health benefits including the prevention of cell damage and causing detoxification.
- Organic food intake boosts the immune system and reduces the possibility of chronic illnesses: When we start consuming organic yield, our body’s ability to fight illnesses increases. By strengthening the body’s immune system, it eliminates harmful bacteria and foreign viruses and helps our body be healthy.
- Minimum chemical treatment is involved in growing organic produce: – Insecticides, fungicides, herbicides, and other chemicals are majorly used in conventional farming and their residues often stay on the farming land and the crops harvested. Since organic farming uses only natural fertilizers and crop enhancers, this risk gets eliminated.
- Organic food is meant to be eaten fresh: – Since prompt intake is expected, organic food is not usually meant for being preserved. Hence, it does not contain any of the artificial preservatives which are harmful to human health for making it last longer.
- Organic eating is wholesome for the environment: –Organic farming reduces pollution, uses less water, improves soil fertility, and reduces soil erosion. It works to create a positive effect on the ecosystem. This practice is also safe for birds, animals as well as humans living close to the farmland.
- Organic farming does not support the use of GMOs: Organic certification guarantees that the foods produced are free from GMOs (Genetically Mutated Organisms) which are often used to enhance the crop artificially and boost the produce unnaturally.
- Organic farming supports pollinators: Pollinating insects are endangered globally. Since insecticides kill all insects, the practice of organic farming which avoids their use helps maintain the ecological balance.
- Organic farming is assistant to the farmers: Organic farming practices save farmers from the extensive expenses needed to grow and maintain the crop in commercial practice. Also, since organic farming is mostly carried out locally, direct sales are possible which ensures greater profits to the farmers and saves them from paying any kind of commission to an intermediate third party or for marketing and distribution.
- The organic practice saves processing and transportation cost that otherwise comes with conventional farming: Typically, any food travels a great deal of distance from the farm to the plate. Produce is picked up while it is still unripe and then gassed till its ripe after transport. Sometimes, there is a huge amount of processing done on food like preservation and irradiation in factories to make it last long or fit for transport. Organic food is meant to be eaten fresh; thus, it saves both these costs.
Organic foods often are loaded with more beneficial nutrients, such as antioxidants, as compared to the conventionally grown counterparts, and many peoples who are allergic to foods, chemicals, or preservatives often find they feel comfortable and better when they are delving into organic foods. Hence, organic food besides being healthy is also definitely worth the little extra price.
We always say health is more important than money, so why do we need to compromise our health for a few extra pounds spend. Health experts’ worlds over have recognized that organic foods are healthier for your body over the long term.
The benefits and tips mentioned above can always help you to be aware of organic food benefits but it’s always better to connect with Experts and take their opinion in case you want to get organic food in your day to day diet. To know more about being healthy, tune in to our website https://www.theholisticliving.org.in. and connect to the Dietitians and Nutriiotnaists, which would help you to bring a positive change in you and help you to lead a happy and healthy life.